I think 10% may still be too aggressive if comparable asking prices are close and the seller is not under pressure. Fifty-eight days alone does not prove a 10% discount. It could produce a counteroffer, but it could also make the seller treat you as unlikely to bridge the gap.
Be careful not to...
I understand why the closing-cost figure was the most useful feature, although I would hesitate to rely on it until the underlying listing is confirmed as current. A sensible estimate does not help much if the home is no longer available or the route to contacting the advertiser is unclear.
The...
You have already identified the need to use the same loan amount and repayment schedule. What remains unclear is whether the quotes show the balance at the end of year one and the charges attached to each exit route.
I would put those figures beside the first-year interest, upfront fees and...
On the maintenance reserve, use the age and remaining life of each major component rather than a flat percentage. The building may look sound while several items are approaching replacement together. A condition assessment plus records of completed work would make your “one larger repair”...
One missing detail: are you judging value from asking prices or completed sales for comparable flats? Also check the dates and number of transactions behind any claimed trend. A small or old sample can be distorted by seasonal noise, especially if different Helsinki areas or new-build projects...
Waiting for a crash is only a plan if you define what would make you buy and how long you will wait. Otherwise every fall can become a reason to expect another fall. I would prioritise the full monthly housing cost, a reserve after purchase, and whether the flat still works if you stay longer...
I’m considering a €1,297,000 property in Helsinki and can afford the purchase at 4.89%. Waiting could mean cheaper finance, but if lower rates bring buyers back before inventory improves, prices may rise instead.
Rather than trying to predict both rates and prices, what stress tests would you...