Recent content by mapsAndLane

  1. M

    How do I compare three Boston selling proposals with different inclusions?

    I’d challenge putting too much weight on recent results unless the apartments and circumstances were genuinely comparable. A higher fee can still be poor value, while a stripped-down proposal may work if you are comfortable coordinating extras yourself. Send all three the same short scenario...
  2. M

    Los Angeles rental: $815,000 purchase and $4,692/month rent — sanity check

    That distinction helps. I’ve been treating net yield before debt and cash flow after debt as separate outputs, but the 6.9% headline number makes the deal look stronger than either one. I’ll replace the current tax and insurance assumptions with address-specific estimates. For turnover, would...
  3. M

    Los Angeles rental: $815,000 purchase and $4,692/month rent — sanity check

    I have checked the basic operating numbers. What remains unclear is whether the expense assumptions are realistic for this address. The property is a 3-bed Los Angeles villa priced at $815,000, with projected rent of $4,692 a month. That gives a gross figure of about 6.9%, with no appreciation...
Back
Top