And if the figure is an average, publish the median beside it. A gap between them would immediately reveal whether a few old listings are driving the headline. No extra causal story is needed until the distribution is visible.
What exactly varied in the floor-area data: the units, or whether the figure referred to the house, the plot, carpet area or built-up area? Those are different problems. A portal could standardise the field labels, but an advertiser still has to enter the right figure. Until that is clear...
Reposted properties are worth matching by more than wording. Photos and descriptions can change, and a price change may accompany the new listing. Without identifying likely repeats, the shortest-looking marketing periods may be the least reliable.
Price-cut timing would tell us more than the final asking price. If the outliers waited most of those 78 days before reducing, the issue may have been the initial price rather than tax or flood risk.
I’m less convinced that neighbourhood should be the first split. With small samples, dividing São Paulo too finely may produce noisy figures that look precise. Price-band mix may explain more of the apparent financing sensitivity around R$2,100,000. I would first compare properties below, around...
The missing fact is whether each property is standalone or part of a shared building. If the retail unit shares major systems, scrutinise what the reserves cover, planned work, cost allocation and any owner obligations outside the regular charges. For the villa, separate routine upkeep from...
I would separate inspection findings into three groups: safety or habitability items, defects that may be addressed under the purchase arrangements, and cosmetic preferences. Do not budget as though every mark or adjustment needs to be paid for immediately. Equally, do not assume “new-build”...
Which neighbourhoods are you grouping together? At that price level, crossing even a neighbourhood boundary—or comparing different parts of the same broad area—can distort the picture. Building condition matters too, not just the apartment renovation. I’d separate the listings into renovated...
If freshness cannot be verified, I’d treat it as a discovery tool rather than a dependable inventory list. Shortlist a few condos, contact every advertiser with the same questions, and record whether the status, area and price are confirmed.
The financing assumption is missing. If there is debt, test the cash flow against a higher borrowing cost and at least one extended vacancy. Also clarify who pays energy and other recurring consumption costs. Energy performance may be important, but it affects the owner very differently...
The named-contact point is useful. Two proposals describe the agency’s service but do not say who would actually run the listing after I sign. I’ll ask whether that person also attends viewings and negotiations, or whether the file passes between teams.
Before I appoint an agent, I need to determine whether the broader proposal actually justifies its fee. The São Paulo condo is expected to sell for about R$1,232,000, and the offers divide the work very differently rather than simply charging different amounts.
What measurable questions would...