lila_miles
Buyer
The shared-building reserve caught me off guard and made the headline return look less decisive. I had pictured the 2,580 sq ft Toronto retail unit as giving an owner more control than a similarly priced villa, but that may not be true if major systems and future works are shared.
I am comparing insurance, energy use, vacancy risk, everyday upkeep and eventual resale. The retail unit remains attractive, although demanding management and irregular large bills could erase that advantage. The villa appears simpler, but exterior and mechanical replacements may merely be less visible in an annual estimate.
I plan to list what the reserve actually covers, which costs remain with the owner, how intensive each property is to maintain and how easily either might sell. After the first year, which one of those factors is most likely to overturn the original comparison?
I am comparing insurance, energy use, vacancy risk, everyday upkeep and eventual resale. The retail unit remains attractive, although demanding management and irregular large bills could erase that advantage. The villa appears simpler, but exterior and mechanical replacements may merely be less visible in an annual estimate.
I plan to list what the reserve actually covers, which costs remain with the owner, how intensive each property is to maintain and how easily either might sell. After the first year, which one of those factors is most likely to overturn the original comparison?