Send all three agents the same short list of questions and request written answers. Then compare: total fee at two plausible sale prices; every optional or separate charge; exactly what photography includes; who handles enquiries and negotiations; buyer-qualification steps; support if an offer...
I have looked at the A$42,560 against the purchase price; what remains unclear is how quickly that reserve could be restored after settlement. That matters more than whether the balance appears large on its own.
The earlier suggestion to date every outgoing is useful. Once the first mortgage...
That distinction between cash outflow and actual expense is what I was missing. I’ll rebuild the calculation with principal separated, then itemise vacancy, management, maintenance, insurance, property charges and turnover rather than relying on one reserve figure.
I’ll also test higher...
I’m considering a 1-bed condo in Sydney. The location appears to have durable tenant demand, but using conservative annual rent of A$13,140 and allowing for reserves, I get a shortfall of about A$266 per month.
I can comfortably cover that, but affordability is not the same as a good...
I may be overcomplicating this, but Sydney-wide averages seem too broad for the two neighbourhoods we’re considering. Looking only at new-build flats listed between A$887,700 and A$1,332,000, my sample suggests roughly 21 days to find a buyer.
The outliers appear mostly connected to property...