I may be overcomplicating this, but Sydney-wide averages seem too broad for the two neighbourhoods we’re considering. Looking only at new-build flats listed between A$887,700 and A$1,332,000, my sample suggests roughly 21 days to find a buyer.
The outliers appear mostly connected to property tax, although I’m unsure whether that is the real cause or just a feature those listings share. I’m also concerned that active listings distort the picture: withdrawn stock and recent price cuts could make demand look stronger or weaker than completed sales indicate.
For anyone tracking this segment locally, are recent completed deals showing a similar pace? It would also help to know whether new-listing volume, condition, financing issues or seller motivation have shifted this month—and how tightly you draw neighbourhood boundaries when comparing days on market.
The outliers appear mostly connected to property tax, although I’m unsure whether that is the real cause or just a feature those listings share. I’m also concerned that active listings distort the picture: withdrawn stock and recent price cuts could make demand look stronger or weaker than completed sales indicate.
For anyone tracking this segment locally, are recent completed deals showing a similar pace? It would also help to know whether new-listing volume, condition, financing issues or seller motivation have shifted this month—and how tightly you draw neighbourhood boundaries when comparing days on market.