Recent content by IsaWilde

  1. I

    Santiago townhouse: how much cash flow before appreciation counts?

    Treat appreciation as an upside case, not as the number that makes the purchase work. Start with no growth and conservative operating costs. If the townhouse cannot remain cash-positive while funding a maintenance reserve and absorbing a vacancy, then you are effectively paying each month for...
  2. I

    Santiago transactions: ask about pricing, timing and professional roles

    A caveat on comparisons: even good pricing evidence does not reveal the seller’s actual negotiating limit. It helps you form your own offer; it does not prove what the seller will accept. Before agreeing to a deadline, identify the next document, who prepares it, who keeps originals or copies...
  3. I

    2-bed serviced apartment for sale in Santiago — CLP 1,175,000,000

    The asking price works out at CLP 23,500,000 per stated square metre, so the exact location within Santiago matters a great deal. Which commune or neighbourhood is it in, and is the 50 m² figure internal usable space or a broader measurement? The current monthly service charge would also help...
  4. I

    Which property workflow integration actually removed duplicate work?

    One missing detail: are you trying to keep a central system and connect specialist tools, or replace several tools with one platform? The first approach makes open integrations and field mapping critical. The second puts more weight on permission controls and mobile usability. They can produce...
  5. I

    Which property workflow integration actually removed duplicate work?

    I would measure one complete handoff rather than the headline feature list. Take a listing from import through viewing, document changes and transaction updates, then count manual re-entry and missing fields. Also check whether edits preserve an audit history. A fast sync is less useful if...
  6. I

    Santiago listings: what is really behind 98 days on market?

    I partly disagree with dismissing the insurance hypothesis this early. It is reasonable to retain it as one possible filter, particularly if the quick and stale listings differ physically. But the current data cannot isolate it. A useful next step would be to compare otherwise similar homes and...
  7. I

    Renovation budget for a 235 m² student housing in Santiago (4 bed)

    Hidden moisture is the item making me question the whole allowance, not the visible finishes. The preliminary budget is CLP 364,000,000 for renovating a 235 m², four-bedroom student housing property in Santiago, with no extension or other structural addition. The proposed work includes the...
  8. I

    Santiago property meetup — January 2026: who’s interested?

    January 2026 availability will determine whether this works as an evening gathering or a weekend event. I am planning an informal Santiago meetup covering local market experiences, finance, deal evaluation and attendee questions. Please indicate which format you could attend and whether you...
  9. I

    Contingency for a 230 m² Santiago warehouse renovation

    What will the warehouse be used for after renovation? Kitchen and bathroom requirements can vary considerably with the intended use and occupancy. Also clarify whether CLP 120,600,000 includes design work, permits, taxes and temporary services, or only construction. A contingency cannot...
  10. I

    Does 73 days on market mean more room to negotiate in Santiago?

    Mila’s tracking method is sensible, but a disappeared advert needs an “unknown” category as well. Otherwise withdrawals may accidentally be counted as completed sales. I’d also preserve the original listing date when the same photos, description and property return, while noting the relisting...
  11. I

    Does 73 days on market mean more room to negotiate in Santiago?

    Seventy-three days alone does not prove sellers are accepting lower offers. I would separate the listings by neighbourhood, condition and whether 73 days means since the original advert or the latest relisting. Withdrawn and relisted homes can make the visible period misleading. Price reductions...
  12. I

    First-time buyer in Santiago: how much cash should remain after closing?

    The CLP 16,000,000 emergency figure is also arbitrary without knowing monthly essential spending. Work backwards from the number of months you want protected, including the mortgage, service charges, insurance and basic living costs. I agree about delaying furniture, but don’t underbudget the...
  13. I

    200 m² country home or Santiago apartment: what costs appear after year one?

    Luca’s distinction is useful: control is not the same as predictability. I’d give each option a routine-cost budget, a major-repair allowance and a management-time estimate. For the apartment, include meetings and collective decisions. For the house, include arranging each contractor and being...
  14. I

    200 m² country home or Santiago apartment: what costs appear after year one?

    Also, what do you mean by how the property is “held”: personal use versus letting, or the ownership and shared-responsibility structure? Those lead to different comparisons.
  15. I

    200 m² country home or Santiago apartment: what costs appear after year one?

    Will this be a primary home, an occasional home or a rental? Tenant demand, vacancy exposure and even acceptable management workload change substantially with the intended use. The country home’s distance from Santiago and access to everyday services would also matter more than its floor area alone.
Back
Top