Recent content by isa.reed

  1. I

    Bogotá studio: buy now or keep waiting for a crash?

    Be careful with market reports circulating online. Note the original publication date, whether the data describe asking or completed prices, and whether the series has been revised. Two reports can appear to conflict simply because they measure different dates or transaction stages.
  2. I

    Deposit sorted—what should my Santiago cash buffer cover next?

    I’d separate the CLP 41,360,000 before deciding what is available for furniture. First reserve an emergency fund that remains untouched, then set aside known near-term payments: moving, the first mortgage payment, service charges and insurance excess. Keep another amount uncommitted until the...
  3. I

    Wanted: 3-bed home near Bogotá, budget COP 5,412,000,000

    One caveat to the broad search: “near Bogotá” may include places with very different daily journeys and administrative circumstances. Location should be confirmed before assumptions are made about process or convenience.
  4. I

    Wanted: 3-bed home near Bogotá, budget COP 5,412,000,000

    On tenure, sellers should use plain language rather than assuming everyone interprets the term identically. State the ownership arrangement, any shared obligations, and anything that limits ordinary use or transfer.
  5. I

    Wanted: 3-bed home near Bogotá, budget COP 5,412,000,000

    Is COP 5,412,000,000 a hard ceiling or the preferred purchase price? Sellers responding should know whether costs beyond the agreed price must fit inside that amount.
  6. I

    Offering 9% below asking on a Bogotá country home after 115 days

    That distinction helps. I do not yet know the seller’s timing or have a reliable cost breakdown for the updates, so I’ll ask for more information before presenting the discount as repair-based. My plan is to submit COP 2,947,490,000 with financing evidence, flexibility on completion and a...
  7. I

    Bogotá inventory shifted in June 2026 — what are you seeing after 32 days?

    That is the weakness in my notes: the saved listings show asking-price changes and when advertisements disappear, but they do not consistently show when a sale actually completes. So 32 days is better treated as observed listing time, not a clean completion measure. I’m now separating new builds...
  8. I

    Bogotá inventory shifted in June 2026 — what are you seeing after 32 days?

    Bogotá’s June 2026 listings seem to be splitting into distinct groups. My concern is that the faster group may be too small to indicate a wider change: well-presented new-build flats are disappearing from view after roughly 32 days, whereas renovation properties are lingering. My notes also...
  9. I

    What should a genuinely useful building inspection service include in Colombia?

    I’m comparing inspection services for a new-build flat in Bogotá priced around COP 5,146,000,000, but the scopes sold as “building inspection” vary wildly. Some appear to include negotiation and document coordination, while others effectively end after making an introduction. At this price...
  10. I

    145 m² condo or similarly priced villa in Dubai?

    I’d be cautious about assuming the condo is automatically the simpler option. Your workload may be lower, but you also have less control over shared spending and timing. Conversely, a villa’s irregular costs can sometimes be planned if its condition is properly assessed. Put both into the same...
  11. I

    Daft for a Bogotá townhouse search: useful coverage, weak freshness signals

    The location tag is Toronto, Canada, but my actual Daft search was for a townhouse around Bogotá. Coverage was useful, and I valued the closing-cost information most. However, duplicate listings, stale status and inconsistent floor-area data made comparisons harder than expected. The biggest...
  12. I

    Review: using ImmobilienScout24 as a buyer in Colombia

    Freshness would bother me more. A precise area can be clarified after contact, but a stale or duplicated advert wastes time before that point. I’d want the portal to show when the advertiser last confirmed availability, not merely when the page was edited. Price history and links to sold records...
  13. I

    Bogotá country home: does 8.7% gross leave enough margin?

    I want this 3-bed country home to work without relying on appreciation, but uncertain occupancy is the obstacle. The asking price is COP 1,702,000,000 and projected rent is COP 12,310,000 a month, producing a gross yield of about 8.7%. The structure appears sound. Even so, competing supply...
  14. I

    Bogotá 1-bed duplex: accept COP 410,000 monthly negative cash flow?

    I’m considering a 1-bed duplex in Bogotá. The location appears to have durable demand, but using a conservative rent of COP 5,497,000, I still get a shortfall of about COP 410,000 per month after reserves. I can comfortably cover that, yet the purchase seems dependent on future rent growth or...
  15. I

    Bogotá villas: is energy performance really driving time on market?

    Energy performance still deserves a place in the comparison, even if it is not the main explanation. Two similarly priced homes can differ substantially in comfort and likely running costs because of condition. But I agree the sample needs separating first: renovated versus dated, genuine sales...
Back
Top