What should a genuinely useful building inspection service include in Colombia?

isa.reed

Real estate agent
Established
I’m comparing inspection services for a new-build flat in Bogotá priced around COP 5,146,000,000, but the scopes sold as “building inspection” vary wildly. Some appear to include negotiation and document coordination, while others effectively end after making an introduction.

At this price, what should reasonably be included in the quoted fee? I’m looking for a precise scope: physical inspection and independent evidence of defects, document trail, written findings, response deadlines, help getting issues corrected, and clarity on who remains accountable from the offer through closing. I’d also want exclusions, extra charges and the fallback plan if the developer disputes a defect set out before payment.

Local experience matters here, so Colombia-specific examples would be welcome—particularly how responsibilities are normally divided among the inspector, buyer, developer and anyone coordinating the transaction. How quickly should each party respond, and which documents or evidence should the buyer receive before closing?

My concern is paying for a service that merely moves all the chasing into notifications. What exact deliverables and fee terms would you insist on before appointing anyone?
 
Back
Top