Recent content by ink.curious

  1. I

    Offering 5% below asking on a country home in Marrakech — sensible or too aggressive?

    I disagree with waiting for perfect comparable evidence; it may never appear. Set your own maximum from the home’s condition and alternatives, then let the seller’s response reveal how realistic the asking price is.
  2. I

    Dubai inventory mix changed in July 2026 — seasonal noise or buyer selectivity?

    The sample size and matching method matter here. Are you comparing the final asking price with the sold price for the same property, or current listings with a separate group of completed deals? The second approach can create a misleading 9.8% gap. I’d also avoid combining warehouses and homes...
  3. I

    How much of AED 36,700 should remain untouched after buying?

    The inspection report should be turned into priced actions rather than accepted as one alarming list. Ask which findings are urgent, then obtain estimates for those items before closing if the timeline permits. Leave cosmetic work and furnishing the unused bedrooms until you have lived there for...
  4. I

    Would you wait for a stronger applicant for a 1-bed detached home in Dubai?

    For a detached home, spell out maintenance responsibility before selecting anyone. Ask each applicant the same scenario-based question: what would they do after noticing water ingress, an electrical issue, or damage outside? You are not testing DIY skill; you want prompt reporting and no...
  5. I

    What should buyer representation cover for a AED 3,266,000 Dubai new-build flat?

    “New-build” needs narrowing before anyone can assess the scope. Is it off-plan, completed but never occupied, or being resold before handover? Are you buying directly from the developer, and will it be cash or financed? Those details change which parties and deadlines the representative would...
  6. I

    Grouping minor tenant repairs without missing a bigger problem

    A practical system could be: acknowledge every request the same day, separate urgent from non-urgent work, collect evidence, and offer one maintenance window for the minor list. Ask the contractor to diagnose causes rather than merely complete each requested fix. Keep invoices and before/after...
Back
Top