I’d put lease length and service charges ahead of micro-location if this is being valued for rental income. A long or restrictive existing lease, high recurring charges, or costs connected with rental rules could make the broker’s headline yield largely irrelevant even when the completed sale is...
I agree with Maria on verifying the comparison, but I would not tie ordinary necessary maintenance to a rent increase. Improvements chosen by the tenant are a different discussion.
My sequence would be: confirm comparable rents, calculate likely vacancy and turnover costs, review notice limits...
Useful in principle, but which area would the calculation use? Dubai discussions do not always describe floor area in the same way. A neat-looking figure could create a false comparison if two posters used different area definitions. There should be a short label beside the area field rather...
A practical way to test this would be a small table by neighbourhood: original ask, last ask, completed price, first-listing date, completion date, townhouse condition, and whether it was relisted. Then calculate the 3.3% both from original and final asks. Even if the sample remains limited...
I’m choosing between two agents for a detached home in Dubai, and their valuations are quite far apart. The higher proposal is appealing, but comparable listings that launched ambitiously seem to have sat for roughly 54 days before reducing.
Would you start high to leave negotiating room, or...
I would not subtract principal when assessing monthly affordability. Principal still leaves your bank account, even if it builds equity. I would keep two comparisons: total borrowing cost for value, and the full monthly payment plus upfront cash for affordability. A mortgage can be cheaper...
The updating argument may be weaker than it first appears. If the condition was obvious when the home was listed, the seller can reasonably say the asking price already accounts for it.
Completed sales are better evidence than competing listings, although the shortage of good comparables cuts...
Dubai practice can vary with the property and community arrangements, so I would not rely on whether other buyers call it routine. Ask the relevant property or community contact to clarify maintenance responsibility, and have any contractual implications checked by someone familiar with the...
The cash downside deserves its own page in the scope. Before authorising a reservation or transfer, the buyer should know who receives the money, what written terms govern it, when it may become non-refundable, and what happens if financing, documents or the unit itself do not proceed as...
Camila is right about complexity, although I wouldn’t let providers avoid giving a usable quote. They can state assumptions and price any additional work separately. For example: base scope under the facts supplied, optional lender coordination, and an hourly or fixed amount for unexpected...
Response time needs more detail too. “Prompt support” is meaningless. Ask who acknowledges a routine query, who handles something time-sensitive, and what happens outside that person’s availability. I’d also want every instruction and document request confirmed in writing, with a single current...
I would ask each provider to map its work from accepted offer to closing, rather than accepting a one-line “full conveyancing” description. The quote should say who examines the transaction documents, tracks conditions and payments, coordinates with the broker, seller, lender or developer where...