Dubai detached home: price high first or launch near the likely sale price?

harbor.simple

First-time buyer
I’m choosing between two agents for a detached home in Dubai, and their valuations are quite far apart. The higher proposal is appealing, but comparable listings that launched ambitiously seem to have sat for roughly 54 days before reducing.

Would you start high to leave negotiating room, or launch closer to the price supported by recent completed sales? I’m particularly concerned about losing the strongest first-week interest. I’d value completed outcomes and practical trade-offs rather than promises made during an agent pitch.
 
I’d lean toward the supported price unless the higher agent can produce genuinely comparable completed sales. Make sure both are using the same neighbourhood boundaries and accounting for condition; two nearby detached homes can still be poor comparisons.

Also, those 54-day listings only tell part of the story. Ask what actually sold, what was withdrawn, and how much new stock appeared while they were listed.
 
I wouldn’t automatically treat the lower launch as safer. If you have no pressing deadline, a short test at the higher figure may be reasonable—but agree on the reduction date and amount before listing, rather than drifting for 54 days.

Seller motivation and buyer financing matter too: an ambitious price can attract offers yet still fail if financed buyers cannot support it. Have each agent show the same recent completions, active competition and withdrawn homes, then explain exactly what would trigger a cut.
 
Back
Top