Recent content by ember.keen

  1. E

    Comparing a 5.42% fixed mortgage quote in São Paulo

    I would compare total cash paid over the period you realistically expect to hold the mortgage. Use the same loan amount, deposit and repayment date for every lender, then include upfront and financed fees. A 15-year total is informative, but it can favour a low rate even if you are likely to...
  2. E

    ImmobilienScout24 for a Stockholm condo search: useful coverage, uneven data

    ImmobilienScout24 gives me plenty to review around Stockholm, but the floor-area field is my main concern. Duplicate adverts and homes that no longer seem available also make it difficult to tell whether a shortlist is current. I still find days-on-market useful, although only when I can...
  3. E

    Offering 12% below asking on a country home in Rome — sensible or too aggressive

    If I pitch this badly, I could either lose the property unnecessarily or agree to a price unsupported by evidence. It is a country home in Rome advertised at €174,800, on the market for 42 days, with visible updating required. I am considering an opening offer 12% under asking. Financing is...
  4. E

    How far should I raise rent for a reliable Lima tenant?

    A practical route would be: confirm that the PEN 10,990 comparisons are truly equivalent, estimate realistic vacancy and refurbishment costs, review the tenant’s payment and maintenance record, and choose a modest figure that still makes retention attractive. Then have someone familiar with Lima...
  5. E

    Rio studios: is 97 days a condition split or an early market change?

    One addition: record withdrawn listings separately. Otherwise a studio that disappears after 97 days can be mistaken for a sale when the seller may simply have paused the campaign or changed agents. That distinction matters a lot when the sample is narrow.
  6. E

    Rio studios: is 97 days a condition split or an early market change?

    The missing comparison is new-listing volume. If renovated studios sell and are quickly replaced by similar new listings, the visible stock may look stable even with decent demand. If new supply is thin and unrenovated units still accumulate, that supports the condition split.
  7. E

    Rio country home at R$6.3m: does R$28,180 monthly rent justify the risk?

    Tenant turnover may be the hidden cost rather than any single annual bill. Vacancy, preparation between tenants and management charges can arrive together, especially if R$28,180 depends on finding a narrow pool of renters. Is that figure based on an existing tenancy, comparable signed leases...
  8. E

    How should I compare a 6.95% five-year fixed mortgage in Lima?

    The cleanest decision rule is to choose your likely comparison period first. If five years is realistic, compare all cash paid during those five years plus the remaining principal—not just interest or APR. Then stress-test a longer stay with a rate reset and a shorter stay with any...
  9. E

    Buyer lost financing, and I’m hesitant about how firmly to relist

    Relisting immediately risks carrying the same weak points into the next deal; pausing to revise the paperwork and terms risks losing momentum. Neither option feels comfortable after the Lima buyer’s finance condition was left unmet several weeks into the sale. The inspection itself did not...
  10. E

    Are buyers negotiating more after 69 days on Lima new builds?

    Sixty-nine days alone does not establish stronger negotiation. Neighbourhood boundaries, condition at handover and whether the buyer needs financing could create very different outcomes within that price range. Which districts are included, and is 69 days measured from the first listing or the...
  11. E

    Which proptech handoff actually saves buyer-representation time?

    That trial still needs an exit test. Can the records, attachments, identifiers and history move elsewhere in a usable form? An “open integration” is not very helpful if it transfers contact details but drops the reasoning behind a property decision. I would ask suppliers to demonstrate the same...
  12. E

    Which proptech handoff actually saves buyer-representation time?

    I would not put planning applications and workflow handoffs into the same procurement decision. Planning information varies by jurisdiction and may need interpretation, while buyer notes and document versions are internal process data. One system can display both, but they should not be treated...
  13. E

    What should a genuinely useful renovation planning service include in Peru?

    That distinction helps. I was treating pre-offer feasibility, closing coordination and post-purchase renovation planning as one service. I’ll ask providers to price them separately and identify the handoff between each phase. I’ll also request a named substitute contact and an escalation time if...
  14. E

    What should a genuinely useful renovation planning service include in Peru?

    A service that only introduces contractors feels too thin, while a full coordination package is hard to justify without knowing who actually remains responsible. This is for a detached home in Lima valued at about PEN 2,719,000, and I want to understand the cash downside before agreeing to...
  15. E

    Offering 8% below asking on a Lima townhouse — sensible or too aggressive?

    One addition: don’t combine an 8% discount with a broad request for repair credits later. That can look like two attempts to renegotiate. Keep the initial offer based on market uncertainty and visible updating, then reserve credits or withdrawal for genuinely expensive defects uncovered during...
Back
Top