ImmobilienScout24 for a Stockholm condo search: useful coverage, uneven data

ember.keen

Seller
Established
ImmobilienScout24 gives me plenty to review around Stockholm, but the floor-area field is my main concern. Duplicate adverts and homes that no longer seem available also make it difficult to tell whether a shortlist is current.

I still find days-on-market useful, although only when I can establish that the advert has not simply been relisted or left online. Rather than choose immediately between making the portal my main tool or dropping it to secondary status, I’m testing it in stages: checking duplicate control, comparing area figures and seeing whether saved-search alerts lead to active listings.

How reliable have others found the mobile filters and map pins? I’d also be interested in what happens after an enquiry is sent and whether advertisers generally respond with confirmed details.
 
I’d treat it as a discovery tool until the listing details are confirmed elsewhere. Are the duplicates identical, or do they show different prices, areas or advertiser details? That distinction matters: exact copies are annoying, but conflicting copies can distort a shortlist. I’d also test whether saved-search alerts lead to active listings before relying on them for anything time-sensitive.
 
I’m not sure days-on-market deserves that much weight when stale and duplicate entries are already a problem. A relisted condo could look new, while an unavailable one could appear unusually negotiable. Floor area is the more serious issue because the figures may not be directly comparable.

For each serious candidate, I’d record the stated area, price, map location and contact date, then ask the advertiser to confirm them. Price history or links to sold records would help if the portal provides them, but absence of either should be treated as missing context rather than evidence about value.
 
That’s fair. A practical test would be to save perhaps five condos, contact each advertiser once, and note how many remain available and match their advertised area and pin. That gives felix_davis a clearer answer about freshness than browsing alone. On mobile, I’d keep filters broad enough that inconsistent area fields do not silently exclude plausible listings, then narrow the shortlist manually.
 
Back
Top