Buyer lost financing, and I’m hesitant about how firmly to relist

ember.keen

Seller
Established
Relisting immediately risks carrying the same weak points into the next deal; pausing to revise the paperwork and terms risks losing momentum. Neither option feels comfortable after the Lima buyer’s finance condition was left unmet several weeks into the sale. The inspection itself did not derail matters, but a return to market will still invite questions.

Before relisting, I am considering stronger evidence of funding, a definite response deadline and clearer deposit protection, even if that means favouring a slightly lower offer. I also need a better way to weigh completed comparable sales against appraisal-gap risk. For inspection items, would a defined repair credit usually preserve the deal better than reopening the agreed price?

For those familiar with Lima transactions, which conditions would you tighten now, and which might drive away buyers who are otherwise credible?
 
Back
Top