I’d be cautious about treating the inspection as a complete first-year forecast. Some costs only become obvious after living through changing weather and using every system regularly.
Make three lists after the inspection: work required before moving in, work that can wait six to twelve months...
The cash downside deserves its own questions. A low headline fee can become expensive if photography, advertising, repeated viewings, screening or lease work is extra. There is also vacancy cost if communication is slow.
The fallback plan matters more than promises of a quick placement: does...
Also verify where the 910 sq ft figure came from and whether every comparable uses the same measurement convention. A floor-area adjustment is unreliable when one figure includes space another excludes. This is an easy way for an apparently close match to become misleading.
Who is the named contact after the listing goes live? I’d ask whether that person handles enquiries, qualification, visits, offers and closing coordination, or whether each stage moves to someone else. Also request promised response times for buyers and for you. “Dedicated service” means little...
Good point. C$6,038 is an expectation, not guaranteed rent, so I’ll stop treating it as a fixed monthly receipt. I’ll request the assumptions behind it, plus a breakdown of management, cleaning, utilities and building charges. I’ll also run the property return without debt first, then add...
If the rent projection is too optimistic, this purchase could lock up C$1,694,000 for a return that never compensates for the work or financing risk. The Toronto serviced apartment is a 1-bed with expected income of C$6,038 per month, or C$72,456 a year, producing the advertised gross yield of...