findTheAtlas
Property manager
An 8.9% gross yield looks strong, but the CHF 5,378 monthly figure is my main concern. This would be my first serviced-apartment purchase: a one-bedroom in Zurich priced at CHF 721,600.
I have budgeted for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a larger repair, although I may be treating the rent as cleaner income than it really is. Should I first establish whether it is tenant rent or operator revenue before adding cleaning, utilities, insurance, furniture replacement and turnover costs? I also plan to test the financing at a higher rate. Once those figures are separated, what net return would you require for the remaining vacancy and operating risk?
I have budgeted for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a larger repair, although I may be treating the rent as cleaner income than it really is. Should I first establish whether it is tenant rent or operator revenue before adding cleaning, utilities, insurance, furniture replacement and turnover costs? I also plan to test the financing at a higher rate. Once those figures are separated, what net return would you require for the remaining vacancy and operating risk?