Zurich listings: 63 days to find a buyer, but is the sample distorted?

otis.cove

Buyer
Established
I’m tracking Zurich condos listed between CHF 316,800 and CHF 475,200. The current sample suggests roughly 63 days to find a buyer, with much of the variation appearing connected to transaction fees.

I’m unsure whether active listings are creating survivor bias, especially if quicker sales disappear while withdrawn properties remain hard to classify. Would recent completed sales show the same pattern? I’d also like to separate genuine price cuts from differences in neighbourhood boundaries and property condition.
 
Completed sales would be more useful, but compare like with like: original listing date, final asking price if available, condition, and a tightly defined neighbourhood. Active stock will naturally overrepresent slow movers, while withdrawn listings could mean failed financing, an unmotivated seller, or simply a change of plans.

I’d also track new-listing volume and when reductions happen. If many sellers cut only after about two months, your 63-day figure may reflect pricing strategy rather than transaction fees.
 
Back
Top