Zurich duplex: buy while affordable or keep waiting for a fall?

canvas.true

Property investor
I’m 16 days into weighing up a suitable Zurich duplex. It is affordable now, but certainly not cheap by historical standards. Throughout my search I’ve heard “wait for prices to fall,” while rent and borrowing costs have also moved.

For those who proceeded or waited, what personal thresholds mattered more than forecasting the market? I’m interested in what became important after the initial buy-or-wait decision, not simply whether prices later moved in your favour.
 
Affordability under an unpleasant scenario matters more than calling the market. If the monthly cost still works after allowing for maintenance and some financial breathing room, waiting is itself a bet with a continuing rent cost. I’d also ask whether this particular duplex is hard to replace; an acceptable price on the right property can matter more than a general market forecast.
 
I’d be cautious about treating “affordable now” as enough. Is that based on the asking price, or a realistic purchase price and the full ongoing costs? Also, broad Zurich commentary may not say much about this property type or area, especially if transaction volume is thin and recent figures contain seasonal noise or later revisions.

Before deciding, compare nearby sold data rather than listings, note how long credible alternatives appear, and set both a maximum price and a date for reassessing. That turns waiting into a defined plan rather than open-ended market timing.
 
Back
Top