I would like this Montreal condo to produce workable net cash flow, but the numbers keep pulling me back. After 86 days of considering it, the C$695,200 price against expected rent of C$2,653 a month still gives only about 4.6% gross.
It is a 5-bed and the building looks sound, but there is little room for an overlooked expense. I have allowed for vacancies, management, regular upkeep and a larger future repair. I still need verified property tax, condo fees, insurance and owner-paid utilities, and I want to test how sensitive the result is to the financing terms.
Which local cost would you verify first? I am also wondering what minimum net return others would require before accepting the maintenance and financing risk at this price.
It is a 5-bed and the building looks sound, but there is little room for an overlooked expense. I have allowed for vacancies, management, regular upkeep and a larger future repair. I still need verified property tax, condo fees, insurance and owner-paid utilities, and I want to test how sensitive the result is to the financing terms.
Which local cost would you verify first? I am also wondering what minimum net return others would require before accepting the maintenance and financing risk at this price.