I may be moving away from Delhi and would not be able to respond quickly to tenant or maintenance issues. The local property managers I’ve contacted charge about 11% of rent, plus letting and maintenance-coordination fees. Once I also allow for vacancies, repairs, insurance, property tax and financing costs, that would leave almost no monthly surplus.
For Delhi owners managing from elsewhere, did paying for professional management still make sense because it reduced hassle and tenant-turnover risk, or did you eventually decide selling was cleaner? I’d especially value comparisons based on total annual costs rather than just the headline management percentage, including how often the property needed reletting or significant maintenance.
For Delhi owners managing from elsewhere, did paying for professional management still make sense because it reduced hassle and tenant-turnover risk, or did you eventually decide selling was cleaner? I’d especially value comparisons based on total annual costs rather than just the headline management percentage, including how often the property needed reletting or significant maintenance.