Would management costs wipe out the case for keeping my Buenos Aires rental?

teaAndPath

Property investor
Established
I may move away from Buenos Aires and would not be able to respond quickly when the property needs attention. Local managers are quoting about 7% of rent, plus letting and maintenance-coordination fees. On my current numbers, that would leave almost no monthly surplus.

I’m deciding whether professional management is still worth paying for as a remote owner or whether selling would be cleaner. What detail would you put most weight on: vacancy, tenant turnover, maintenance reserves, insurance, property tax, or financing costs?
 
I wouldn’t decide from the 7% alone. Build a 12-month keep-versus-sell comparison that includes the extra letting fee, a realistic vacancy allowance, maintenance reserves, insurance, property tax and any financing sensitivity. Also ask each manager exactly which tasks are included and what happens when a tenant leaves.

If the property only works with full occupancy and no repairs, remote ownership looks fragile. But near-zero monthly cash flow may still be acceptable if keeping it serves a wider long-term plan.
 
Back
Top