A small update: the agent says another buyer may drop the protections I want, which makes me wonder whether the real negotiation is about risk rather than the headline price.
The detached house is listed at €294,400 and has been on the Madrid market for 22 days. It will require some modernisation. I am thinking of offering about 3% less, supported by proof of finance and flexibility over completion. Would it be better to seek a defined repair credit rather than argue over every defect?
I can keep the explanation brief, but I do not want an unfavourable valuation to put my deposit at open-ended risk. Which finance, appraisal or inspection conditions would you refuse to surrender, and what expiry would give the seller enough time without leaving me tied up indefinitely?
The detached house is listed at €294,400 and has been on the Madrid market for 22 days. It will require some modernisation. I am thinking of offering about 3% less, supported by proof of finance and flexibility over completion. Would it be better to seek a defined repair credit rather than argue over every defect?
I can keep the explanation brief, but I do not want an unfavourable valuation to put my deposit at open-ended risk. Which finance, appraisal or inspection conditions would you refuse to surrender, and what expiry would give the seller enough time without leaving me tied up indefinitely?