I have checked the broad price range and time on market. What remains unclear is whether my categories are too loose.
The Helsinki sample runs from €184,000 to €276,000, consists mainly of duplexes and has a typical advertised period of 75 days. Some listings vanish quickly while apparently similar ones remain. Before treating that as overpricing, should I redraw the neighbourhood boundaries and track new-listing volume separately? I also wonder whether condition, financing constraints and seller motivation explain more than the citywide supply figure, particularly if some disappeared homes were withdrawn rather than sold.
The Helsinki sample runs from €184,000 to €276,000, consists mainly of duplexes and has a typical advertised period of 75 days. Some listings vanish quickly while apparently similar ones remain. Before treating that as overpricing, should I redraw the neighbourhood boundaries and track new-listing volume separately? I also wonder whether condition, financing constraints and seller motivation explain more than the citywide supply figure, particularly if some disappeared homes were withdrawn rather than sold.