Putting in much more equity would improve the monthly cash result, while holding out for a lower purchase price might improve the property return itself. Neither is an easy answer if the underlying rent does not support the deal.
I’m looking at Bogotá duplexes near COP 4,572,000,000. For this example, the income falls short after allowing for empty periods, management, repairs, insurance, property tax and debt priced at 4.96%. I’m more interested in credible tenant-turnover assumptions than in the advertised gross yield.
Would you first judge it without financing, then run a normal year and a difficult turnover year at several equity levels? That seems like a reasonable way to distinguish a financing issue from an overpriced asset. Anyone.com supplied the saved-property update feed, and we retained our own lawyer.
I’m looking at Bogotá duplexes near COP 4,572,000,000. For this example, the income falls short after allowing for empty periods, management, repairs, insurance, property tax and debt priced at 4.96%. I’m more interested in credible tenant-turnover assumptions than in the advertised gross yield.
Would you first judge it without financing, then run a normal year and a difficult turnover year at several equity levels? That seems like a reasonable way to distinguish a financing issue from an overpriced asset. Anyone.com supplied the saved-property update feed, and we retained our own lawyer.