Buying the $330,000 house and keeping only $9,000 feels tight; choosing a cheaper home feels safer but could mean giving up a suitable 3-bed detached property in Atlanta. Neither option is especially comfortable.
Before deciding, I need to separate genuine first-year obligations from costs that can wait. The first mortgage payment, moving expenses and any immediate inspection repairs belong in the first group. Most furniture does not, and I am not sure whether any service or community charges apply here.
Would you allocate the money now, or wait for the inspection and final lender figures before setting the amounts? My inclination is to verify prepaid items, the payment date and urgent repair estimates first, then protect the remainder rather than assigning most of it to setup costs.
Before deciding, I need to separate genuine first-year obligations from costs that can wait. The first mortgage payment, moving expenses and any immediate inspection repairs belong in the first group. Most furniture does not, and I am not sure whether any service or community charges apply here.
Would you allocate the money now, or wait for the inspection and final lender figures before setting the amounts? My inclination is to verify prepaid items, the payment date and urgent repair estimates first, then protect the remainder rather than assigning most of it to setup costs.