What should Seoul tenant placement actually cover for a ₩1,311,000,000 townhouse?

DaanGale

Real estate agent
Established
Verified Pro
I’m considering a townhouse in Seoul priced around ₩1,311,000,000 and comparing firms that could place a tenant after purchase. One appears to provide introductions only; another uses “tenant placement” to cover negotiation and document coordination, but its description is vague.

What should I insist on in the written scope—particularly for response times, fees, local handling of jeonse or monthly-rent structures, and responsibility between an accepted offer and lease signing? I also want to know whether checking any available building energy label or supporting record belongs in the service, rather than simply repeating the listing. Concrete South Korean examples or a practical checklist would help.
 
At minimum, the quote should separate advertising and viewings, applicant screening, negotiation, document preparation or coordination, signing, deposit/payment coordination, and handover. It should name one responsible contact and state response deadlines during negotiation.

Also pin down when the fee is earned: introduction, accepted terms, signed lease, or move-in. Those are very different services despite sharing the same label.
 
The missing fact is your intended rental structure. Are you considering jeonse, monthly rent with a deposit, or asking the firm to advise between them? The cash exposure and tenant pool could differ, so a useful firm should not quote a generic package without clarifying that.

For the energy information, ask whether they obtain an existing record from the owner/building documents, independently verify it, or merely reproduce an advertisement claim.
 
I would push back on expecting a tenant-placement firm to remain accountable through the property purchase closing. Acquisition and subsequent letting are separate jobs. If one company offers both, the contract still needs to identify where each role begins and ends.

For placement, a sensible endpoint might be lease execution and handover, with a stated procedure if the chosen tenant withdraws. But don’t assume the townhouse price itself justifies a larger placement fee; compare the actual work and fee trigger.
 
Send both firms the same one-page request and make them fill in the blanks rather than accepting a brochure. Include:

• rental structure they are quoting for; • marketing channels and viewing arrangements; • screening information they will request; • who negotiates and in which language; • documents each party must provide; • fee, taxes or extras, payment date and cancellation terms; • maximum response time after an offer; • replacement or remarketing plan if a tenant drops out; • who supplies evidence for any energy claim.

Then verify the business and the individual handling the transaction through appropriate South Korean channels. A redacted sample workflow would also be more informative than promises of “full support.”
 
This has clarified the decision. I’m no longer comparing “introduction” with “full placement” as though they were equivalent. I’ll request separate prices for introduction only and for work continuing through lease signing and handover, based on the rental structure rather than the ₩1,311,000,000 purchase price.

I’ll also require a named contact, written response times, the fee trigger, a tenant-withdrawal fallback, and the origin of any energy information. If either firm cannot put those points in writing, I’ll keep looking.
 
Back
Top