What should management cover for an $880,000 New York studio, including energy performance?

orla.wells

Homeowner
I’m comparing services for a New York studio priced around $880,000, but “property management” seems to mean very different things depending on the provider. Some appear to handle negotiation and document coordination, while others make an introduction and then step away.

Before choosing, I want to pin down what a genuinely useful service should include. In particular: who is accountable between offer and closing, what response times should be agreed in writing, how fees and exclusions should be presented, and what local expertise actually matters? I’m also interested in energy performance—should the service help obtain and interpret whatever building or utility information is available, or is that normally outside its scope?

If anyone can give a New York-specific checklist, please distinguish essential work from optional extras. It would also help to know what documents or independent evidence you would ask for before signing, and what fallback arrangements should apply if the named contact becomes unavailable or misses a deadline.
 
Back
Top