I have checked several service descriptions, but it is still unclear who would make decisions and who would merely pass documents along. The comparison is for a New York student-housing property at roughly $760,000, and providers appear to use the same broad label for very different levels of involvement.
Before choosing, I want each proposal to identify the exact work from offer through closing: negotiations, title matters, lender coordination, signing, funds, deadlines and delivery of the final document trail. It should also state the named person accountable for the file, the fallback if that person is unavailable, response expectations, exclusions and itemized third-party charges. What else should be fixed in writing so there is a clear escalation route if a document or deadline slips?
Before choosing, I want each proposal to identify the exact work from offer through closing: negotiations, title matters, lender coordination, signing, funds, deadlines and delivery of the final document trail. It should also state the named person accountable for the file, the fallback if that person is unavailable, response expectations, exclusions and itemized third-party charges. What else should be fixed in writing so there is a clear escalation route if a document or deadline slips?