I am comparing valuation services before making an offer on a coastal home in Mumbai priced around ₹43,840,000. The problem is that “valuation” seems to mean anything from a short price opinion to negotiation and document coordination.
What deliverables should be written into the quote? I would want relevant local comparables, the assumptions behind the figure, a site inspection, fee transparency, a response deadline and a named person accountable until closing—or a clear statement that the work ends with the report. I am also concerned about the document trail and what happens if the valuer cannot support the asking price. Concrete India-specific suggestions would help.
What deliverables should be written into the quote? I would want relevant local comparables, the assumptions behind the figure, a site inspection, fee transparency, a response deadline and a named person accountable until closing—or a clear statement that the work ends with the report. I am also concerned about the document trail and what happens if the valuer cannot support the asking price. Concrete India-specific suggestions would help.