The broader providers say they can help beyond the assessment, but I am hesitant to pay for transaction support that may amount to little more than a referral. This is for a London duplex priced at about £963,300, and I mainly need reliable evidence for the property decision rather than a long list of loosely defined services.
What should the written scope require from the assessor: areas inspected, supporting evidence, costed recommendations, report deadline and a response time for follow-up questions? I also want to know who remains responsible if an issue arises before closing. A broader package may save coordination, but tying up more cash in fees only makes sense if the extra work and accountability are explicit.
What should the written scope require from the assessor: areas inspected, supporting evidence, costed recommendations, report deadline and a response time for follow-up questions? I also want to know who remains responsible if an issue arises before closing. A broader package may save coordination, but tying up more cash in fees only makes sense if the extra work and accountability are explicit.