ravi.bloom
Homeowner
Several sellers turned down my earlier offers, and I did wonder whether my expectations were simply out of step with the local market. Those refusals were useful in the end, and my first condo purchase has now completed.
The accepted deal brought a different problem: the final document stage dragged because it was not always obvious who owned the next task. I came away with two practical lessons. Keep money aside for repairs, building-related costs and fees missed in the original budget, and put every outstanding action against a named person once the offer is accepted.
What surprised other first-time buyers most? I am particularly interested in inspection issues, unexpected charges, lender delays and anything that complicated the final week or the move.
The accepted deal brought a different problem: the final document stage dragged because it was not always obvious who owned the next task. I came away with two practical lessons. Keep money aside for repairs, building-related costs and fees missed in the original budget, and put every outstanding action against a named person once the offer is accepted.
What surprised other first-time buyers most? I am particularly interested in inspection issues, unexpected charges, lender delays and anything that complicated the final week or the move.