What changed in Zurich this month? My sample is at 76 days / what am I missing

otis.cove

Buyer
Established
I’m tracking Zurich warehouse listings between CHF 510,400 and CHF 765,600, and the current sample suggests roughly 76 days to find a buyer. The longest-running examples seem connected to rental regulation, but I may be over-weighting stock that remains visible while missing completed or withdrawn listings.

Has anyone compared recent completed sales with new-listing volume and price-cut timing? Supply looks higher, yet there still aren’t many properties I would actually buy.
 
The 76-day figure may describe surviving listings more than actual selling time. Completed deals disappear, while withdrawn stock can sit in your sample or vanish without a sale. I’d separate active, sold and withdrawn properties by first-listing date. Also, are your Zurich boundaries consistent? A small change in neighbourhood coverage could distort a warehouse sample quickly.
 
Condition may explain more than rental regulation. Two warehouses at similar asking prices can appeal to very different buyers if one needs substantial work or has limited practical use. Are you recording price reductions from the original ask, or only the current advertised price?
 
I’d also be cautious about reading “more listings” as broadly weaker demand. If the extra volume is mostly compromised stock, the limited number you would buy may still attract buyers quickly. Financing can create another split: a motivated seller and a buyer ready to proceed may complete while less straightforward properties accumulate online.
 
I partly disagree with treating completed sales as the cleaner answer. Without knowing the agreed price and each property’s history, a completion alone tells you little about the market level. Build a small property-by-property table: neighbourhood, condition, first ask, cuts and dates, current status, and any sign of seller motivation. Revisit it monthly. That should show whether 76 days is a real shift or just the mix of stock currently visible.
 
Back
Top