I need to decide soon whether this is worth pursuing. The attraction is a quoted 8.2% gross yield, but the margin becomes less comfortable once realistic ownership costs are included.
The 3-bed Warsaw duplex is priced at PLN 5,115,000 and the expected monthly rent is PLN 35,120. Using eleven paid months gives PLN 386,320 a year before expenses, rather than assuming uninterrupted occupancy. I still need to establish whether that rent includes any charges that do not remain with the owner.
My model includes management, routine upkeep, a larger-repair allowance and a gap between tenants. I am less certain about insurance, property tax and the full cost of each turnover, including finding the next tenant. Which figures would you verify locally before deciding whether the remaining net return is adequate?
The 3-bed Warsaw duplex is priced at PLN 5,115,000 and the expected monthly rent is PLN 35,120. Using eleven paid months gives PLN 386,320 a year before expenses, rather than assuming uninterrupted occupancy. I still need to establish whether that rent includes any charges that do not remain with the owner.
My model includes management, routine upkeep, a larger-repair allowance and a gap between tenants. I am less certain about insurance, property tax and the full cost of each turnover, including finding the next tenant. Which figures would you verify locally before deciding whether the remaining net return is adequate?