The gross return makes a reasonable case for the property, but I am not yet convinced it survives the less visible costs. This is a Warsaw 3-bed duplex priced at PLN 2,350,000, with projected rent of PLN 10,460 a month and a gross yield near 5.3%.
My next step is to establish whether that rent is the landlord’s base income or includes building charges. I also need firm figures for management, insurance, property tax, ordinary maintenance and the clustered costs that can follow tenant turnover. If the supported rent and an unlevered cash-flow calculation still hold up, I would negotiate; if not, I would walk away. What net return would you require after proper allowances?
My next step is to establish whether that rent is the landlord’s base income or includes building charges. I also need firm figures for management, insurance, property tax, ordinary maintenance and the clustered costs that can follow tenant turnover. If the supported rent and an unlevered cash-flow calculation still hold up, I would negotiate; if not, I would walk away. What net return would you require after proper allowances?