Warsaw: 110 m² retail unit or three-bed student housing?

Our adviser flagged the choice but stopped short of saying either option was a walk-away. I’m comparing a 110 m² retail unit with similarly priced three-bed student housing in Warsaw. Retail appears simpler to maintain, while the housing gives more control but may bring larger irregular costs and more management.

I’m modelling insurance, energy use, shared-building reserves, vacancy risk and resale liquidity. What tends to be missed after year one, and what would you verify before choosing? I may be too cautious.
 
I’d be cautious about assuming retail is simpler: fewer day-to-day issues can be offset by a longer vacancy and a narrower resale market. With student housing, turnover, furnishing wear and utilities may create more frequent work, but tenant demand could be easier to assess.

The missing detail is whether the retail unit or the housing carries different obligations for shared-building repairs. Ask for the reserve position, recent energy costs, insurance scope, management fees and planned works. Then model one prolonged retail vacancy against repeated housing turnover rather than comparing only average annual costs.
 
Back
Top