Wanted: 1-bed home near Tokyo, budget ¥116,300,000

EsmeAsh

Landlord
Established
I can accept a dated interior, but I hesitate to compromise on the condition of the building itself because major works would be much harder to undo. I’m seeking a 1-bed home near Tokyo with a target price of ¥116,300,000 and useful transport connections.

Suggestions should state the neighbourhood and nearest practical station, floor area, bedroom arrangement, tenure, current occupancy and likely handover date. Please separate the unit’s cosmetic condition from any known issues affecting the structure or shared areas. I have some budget flexibility for a particularly strong match, but anything above ¥116,300,000 should be identified clearly.
 
The biggest missing detail is what “near Tokyo” means for your journey. Is access to Tokyo Station the priority, or another employment or transport hub? A maximum door-to-door travel time and acceptable walk to the station would make the search much more focused.
 
Also, does 1-bed mean a separate bedroom plus living/dining space, such as a 1LDK-style arrangement, or would a more compact layout work? A minimum floor area would help. Two homes described broadly as one-bedroom can feel completely different depending on storage, doors and how the kitchen is arranged.
 
The dated interior is actually the least concerning part of this request. Commute and floor area will help narrow the options, but neither compensates for a poorly maintained building, which is much harder for an owner to remedy alone.

I’d ask responders to report the apartment and the shared property separately: internal condition, condition of common areas, known major works and whatever maintenance information is available. Tenure also needs to be stated. The availability date should distinguish between a unit that can be viewed now, one that will be handed over later and one that remains occupied.
 
I wouldn’t hold back all suggestions until the exact commute destination is supplied, but each response should be comparable. A useful format would be: neighbourhood and nearest station; walking time; floor area and layout; tenure; asking price; occupancy and likely handover; interior condition; and known building works. The OP can then narrow the transport area without having to chase basic details on every candidate.
 
Back
Top