[Wanted] 1-bed home near Seoul, budget ₩1,035,000,000

bikesAndEcho

Homeowner
Established
A small update to my search has raised a layout question: I need a true one-bedroom home, not a studio divided by a temporary partition. I am looking in or near Seoul with a target budget of ₩1,035,000,000 and practical access to transport.

Cosmetic renovation would not rule a place out, but I want to avoid a building facing significant structural work in the near term. Please give the neighbourhood, floor area, tenure, availability and enough layout detail to confirm that the bedroom is separate. A floor plan would be especially helpful, along with the walking or journey time to the nearest useful transport connection.
 
One point I may not have defined well: how do local listings distinguish a genuine separate bedroom from a studio with a partition? Also, should I state ₩1,035,000,000 as a hard ceiling, or ask people to flag anything slightly above it separately?
 
The bedroom question matters because “1-bed” can describe quite different layouts. Ask for a floor plan or at least confirmation that the bedroom has a proper door and is separate from the living area. I would keep your figure as the target and require any over-budget suggestion to show its full price clearly. You should also give a maximum walk or journey time to transport; “reasonable” will mean different things to different respondents.
 
I would not narrow this only by journey time yet. A place farther from central Seoul but close to a useful station may suit better than one with a shorter distance and awkward connections. The bigger gap is how you intend to judge building condition. A tidy lobby or renovated unit does not establish that the wider building has been maintained, so treat listing descriptions as a starting point rather than proof.
 
A simple response template would make offers easier to compare: neighbourhood, nearest transport and walking time, internal floor area, separate-bedroom confirmation, tenure, price, availability, building condition information, and any known work needed. Then reject replies that omit the basics rather than chasing each detail separately. It would also help to add the earliest and latest dates you could take possession, since “available” without your timeline is not very useful.
 
Back
Top