[Wanted] 1-bed home near Lisbon, budget €538,200

SmallChart

Landlord
Established
I’m looking for a 1-bed home in or near Lisbon, with a target purchase budget of €538,200. Reasonable transport access is important. I’m happy to consider a dated interior, but not a property needing major immediate structural work.

If you have a suitable property, please include the neighbourhood, internal floor area, tenure or ownership arrangement, bedroom layout, current structural condition and expected availability. A brief description of nearby transport would also help.
 
The main thing I’d clarify is what “near Lisbon” and “reasonable transport” mean to you. A place may look close on a map but be unsuitable for your regular journey. If you can name the destination you need to reach, or give a maximum acceptable travel time, responses should be much more relevant.
 
Does the bedroom need to be fully separate with its own door, and do you have a minimum floor area? Some compact properties may be marketed as one-bedroom even where the sleeping arrangement is the weak point. Also, by tenure, are you asking only for full ownership, or would you consider other arrangements if they were explained clearly?
 
I wouldn’t make the brief too restrictive before seeing what is available. Floor area alone can be misleading: a smaller home with sensible storage and a proper bedroom may work better than a larger one with wasted circulation space.

I would be firm on the building condition, though. Ask respondents to distinguish cosmetic renovation inside the unit from work affecting the building, and to mention any known or anticipated common works rather than simply saying it is “well maintained.”
 
A simple response format might prevent vague offers:

Neighbourhood and nearest useful transport; internal area; separate-bedroom confirmation; floor and lift situation; exact tenure or ownership arrangement; asking price; availability; interior work needed; and any known building-level work.

Photos and descriptions can come afterward. Those basic details should be enough to reject obvious mismatches without wasting anyone’s time.
 
One budget point needs answering: is €538,200 the ceiling for the property price, or the total amount including transaction costs and any initial renovation? Since a dated interior is acceptable, even cosmetic work could affect how much flexibility remains. I’d also ask whether the target is firm or whether an unusually good match slightly above it is worth mentioning.
 
Thanks, these are useful distinctions. To clarify: I want a genuinely separate bedroom rather than an open sleeping area, but I’m not setting a minimum floor area because the layout matters more. The €538,200 figure is my target purchase budget, and I’d prefer responses at or below it; anything above should only be mentioned if there is a clear reason.

For location, I’m open to Lisbon or nearby areas provided the transport connection is practical, so please describe the actual route rather than relying on distance alone. Full details of the ownership arrangement and availability are essential. Cosmetic updating is fine, but please be explicit about any known building-level work.
 
Back
Top