Vancouver mixed-use property snapshot — October 2025

cairn.common

First-time buyer
Established
I’m assembling an October 2025 Vancouver snapshot for mixed-use buildings and need to decide whether the headline figures are meaningful enough to retain. The current indications are 110 days on market, asking-price movement of +3.5%, and financing sensitivity around C$594,000. This is not an official index.

Before revising it, I’m looking for completed-sale evidence, inventory changes and neighbourhood splits. The biggest concern is sample composition: whole buildings versus strata units, active versus completed listings, and the price bands represented. Please include a source link or clearly label any on-the-ground observation, along with its date.
 
I would not publish +3.5% without stating the comparison period and whether it measures original asks, current asks or the mix of newly listed properties. A shift toward a different price band could move the figure without individual sellers raising prices. The 110 days also needs a clear start and end point, especially if relisted properties are present.
 
The C$594,000 figure is the part I cannot interpret yet. Does it refer to the typical asking range in the sample, a financing threshold observed in enquiries, or something else? It also seems essential to separate entire mixed-use buildings from individual strata properties. Otherwise the property-type mix could explain most of the apparent movement.
 
Even with those definitions fixed, I’m not convinced a single Vancouver number is useful. Mixed-use stock can differ substantially by neighbourhood and configuration. I’d rather see a compact table showing area, property subtype, price band, listing count, completed-sale count and observation date. Where the sample is thin, leave the result visibly provisional instead of forcing a citywide conclusion.
 
I agree about the table, but I wouldn’t discard the citywide line entirely. It can work as a directional summary if the underlying cohorts are shown and unchanged between revisions. A neighbourhood split alone can also mislead when the mix within each area changes. Please add the sample dates and say whether withdrawn, expired or relisted properties affect the 110-day estimate.
 
A practical revision format could be: metric, definition, coverage dates, property types included, price bands, neighbourhoods, active inventory, completed sales, source link and revision date. For the financing comment, distinguish documented transaction evidence from member impressions. If there is no completed-sale support for sensitivity around C$594,000, label it as an observation rather than presenting it like a measured threshold.
 
One further test: compare the original and final asking positions only for completed sales that fit the same mixed-use definition. Keep that separate from sale price, since those answer different questions. Then note whether inventory changed during the period. That would help determine whether +3.5% reflects seller behaviour, sample turnover or a genuine change in the October 2025 market picture.
 
Back
Top