Eighty-one days is the figure making me question this Vancouver sample. Most entries are duplexes between C$1,080,000 and C$1,620,000, with C$1,350,000 as the central price, but they may not be comparable enough for that average exposure time to mean much.
Insurance looked like a plausible explanation for why some sold quickly while others lingered. I am less convinced now, because two apparently similar properties could differ more in condition, exact location, financing appeal or the seller’s urgency than in insurance.
Would completed sales support any one of those explanations? I also need to trace properties through withdrawals and relistings, since an 81-day current entry could hide a much longer marketing history.
Insurance looked like a plausible explanation for why some sold quickly while others lingered. I am less convinced now, because two apparently similar properties could differ more in condition, exact location, financing appeal or the seller’s urgency than in insurance.
Would completed sales support any one of those explanations? I also need to trace properties through withdrawals and relistings, since an 81-day current entry could hide a much longer marketing history.