Either I treat the +1.4% movement as evidence that Vancouver detached homes are firming, or I dismiss it as noise from an uneven group. Neither feels safe when the properties range from C$799,200 to C$1,199,000 and the median time on market is about 55 days.
Condition varies enough to affect the comparison, while agents disagree on how much seasonality explains. I also do not know whether buyer behaviour around transaction costs is visible in the offer price, in specific concessions, or simply in buyers choosing a different home. For example, a lower-priced house needing work may carry a heavier total burden than a more expensive one in better condition.
Before reading much into the percentage, should I split the sample by neighbourhood and condition, then check price-cut timing, buyer financing and new-listing volume? What would best distinguish a firmer market from a change in the mix of homes?
Condition varies enough to affect the comparison, while agents disagree on how much seasonality explains. I also do not know whether buyer behaviour around transaction costs is visible in the offer price, in specific concessions, or simply in buyers choosing a different home. For example, a lower-priced house needing work may carry a heavier total burden than a more expensive one in better condition.
Before reading much into the percentage, should I split the sample by neighbourhood and condition, then check price-cut timing, buyer financing and new-listing volume? What would best distinguish a firmer market from a change in the mix of homes?