I’m torn between valuing this Singapore detached home from the one completed comparable and treating that sale as too thin a basis on its own. The light and location are appealing, but the dated finishes and wider ownership costs may be getting less attention than they deserve.
The home has five bedrooms, is stated as about 150 m² and is offered at S$1,776,000. Three nearby properties provide asking-price context, yet only one actual sale looks potentially comparable. I still need to confirm whether 150 m² means internal area or land area, as well as tenure, micro-location, parking, outdoor space and any shared or service charges.
Would you start with the completed sale and adjust item by item, or set a broad range until those facts are known? I’m trying to separate likely market value from the maximum price that still leaves room for maintenance, insurance, tax and updating.
The home has five bedrooms, is stated as about 150 m² and is offered at S$1,776,000. Three nearby properties provide asking-price context, yet only one actual sale looks potentially comparable. I still need to confirm whether 150 m² means internal area or land area, as well as tenure, micro-location, parking, outdoor space and any shared or service charges.
Would you start with the completed sale and adjust item by item, or set a broad range until those facts are known? I’m trying to separate likely market value from the maximum price that still leaves room for maintenance, insurance, tax and updating.