buildTheHarbor
Property manager
Thirty-two days on the market tells me very little. My specific concern is that there is only one completed sale against which to assess this 4-bed Toronto villa, listed at C$1,917,000 with about 970 sq ft in average condition.
The property has appealing natural light and sits in a location I like, but some finishes need updating and the possible service charges or building-reserve costs are unclear. Three active listings show the current competition, though they do not establish an accepted value.
Would you use the completed sale as a base and make explicit adjustments for micro-location, layout, floor area and condition, or is one sale too weak for that approach? I’m also rebuilding the broker’s yield with every owner-paid cost included before arranging a local appraisal.
The property has appealing natural light and sits in a location I like, but some finishes need updating and the possible service charges or building-reserve costs are unclear. Three active listings show the current competition, though they do not establish an accepted value.
Would you use the completed sale as a base and make explicit adjustments for micro-location, layout, floor area and condition, or is one sale too weak for that approach? I’m also rebuilding the broker’s yield with every owner-paid cost included before arranging a local appraisal.