Valuation check: 85 m² townhouse in Paris, asking €966,000

My spreadsheet looks reasonable until management costs and one bad year are included. The property is a 5-bed Paris townhouse of about 85 m², in average condition, asking €966,000. Its main strengths are the light and location; dated finishes and possible service charges are the concerns.

I found three asking-price comparables but only one completed sale. That puts the headline figure at roughly €11,365 per m², though I doubt a straight floor-area comparison is enough. What condition and size adjustments would you test, and which missing fact could move the valuation most? I’ll obtain a formal local appraisal before relying on any figure.
 
First clarify what the 85 m² includes. Five bedrooms in that area makes room sizes, layout efficiency and the recognized floor-area measurement especially important.

Rather than choose one condition discount, I’d run scenarios at 0%, 5% and 10% below an otherwise close completed comparable, then replace those assumptions with a realistic refurbishment allowance. My biggest missing fact is the precise micro-location, closely followed by whether there is any lease term and the actual annual service charge.
 
I wouldn’t automatically apply a percentage discount for dated finishes. Buyers may price cosmetic work very differently, while a poor layout cannot be fixed so cheaply. The single sale is useful only if its street, light, outdoor space, parking and floor-area basis are genuinely comparable; the three asking prices may simply show seller expectations.

I’d build a small adjustment table around that completed sale, record exact service charges and what they cover, confirm any lease length, and separate parking or outdoor-space value. If those details remain unknown, use a wider valuation range rather than forcing a precise number.
 
Back
Top