The seller is asking S$1,059,000, and I am hesitant to spend more time on the condo when only one of my comparables is a completed transaction. The other three are listings, so they show expectations rather than proven value.
It is an approximately 85 m² 1-bed in average condition. The light and location appeal to me, while the dated finishes and possible insurance costs weaken the case. A large floor area may be valuable if the layout is efficient, but not if much of it is corridor or awkward space.
Which facts should I obtain before deciding whether the price is supportable? I am particularly interested in the completed sale’s date and micro-location, lease or tenure details, recurring management costs, parking and the practical cost of updating the unit. I would also welcome views on whether condition is better tested with several scenarios than one fixed deduction.
It is an approximately 85 m² 1-bed in average condition. The light and location appeal to me, while the dated finishes and possible insurance costs weaken the case. A large floor area may be valuable if the layout is efficient, but not if much of it is corridor or awkward space.
Which facts should I obtain before deciding whether the price is supportable? I am particularly interested in the completed sale’s date and micro-location, lease or tenure details, recurring management costs, parking and the practical cost of updating the unit. I would also welcome views on whether condition is better tested with several scenarios than one fixed deduction.