Valuation check: 60 m² new-build flat in Munich, asking €1,219,000 - am I overthinking this?

SharpGrove

Landlord
Established
I would like the light and location to justify this flat, but the evidence is thin. It is a 3-bed new-build in Munich of about 60 m², with an asking price of €1,219,000. The finishes already appear dated, the overall condition seems average, and there may be vacancy costs to carry.

I have three current listings for comparison, yet only one transaction that actually completed. How much weight would you give that sale if its size or condition differs? I am particularly interested in whether the compact 3-bed layout deserves a different per-square-metre treatment.

The exact street, floor, outlook and any included parking may matter more than broad Munich comparisons. Which of those details would alter the valuation most? I will still arrange a local appraisal before using the result for an offer.
 
That is about €20,300 per m² before separating parking or other extras. I would not apply one blanket floor-area adjustment: smaller flats can command more per square metre, but a 3-bed layout squeezed into 60 m² may reduce practical appeal. Treat the completed sale as the anchor and the three listings mainly as evidence of seller expectations.
 
The exact micro-location would change my view most. Same-city comparisons can fall apart over the street, noise, outlook, floor and orientation. How close is the completed sale, and does it match the flat on outdoor space and parking? I’d also want to know whether the €1,219,000 includes a parking space.
 
I’m not convinced condition should be adjusted before the description is clarified. “New-build,” “average condition” and “dated finishes” do not naturally point in the same direction. Is it newly completed, a recent building with an older specification, or a resale being marketed as new-build? Those cases carry different implications.

Also check tenure or any remaining lease term if applicable, plus service charges. High recurring charges can matter more than cosmetic finishes.
 
A practical method is to build a small comparison table: completed price, internal area, floor, outdoor space, parking, condition, service charges and distance from this flat. Adjust parking separately rather than burying it in the per-m² figure. Then run condition sensitivities rather than pretending to know a precise deduction—say modest, medium and substantial—and see whether any reasonable case supports the asking price.
 
One more caveat: vacancy costs should not automatically reduce the property’s underlying value unless they reflect a genuine delay, carrying burden or leasing problem. Keep them separate from the physical valuation. With only one completed comparable, I’d ask the appraiser to explain which differences drive the result, not just provide a final number. The layout plan and the completed comparable’s full details would be the most useful next items here.
 
Back
Top