I’ve now checked the basic arithmetic, which raises a bigger question about whether price per square foot is even useful here. The £897,000 asking price for this 590 sq ft, two-bedroom country home in London reflects good light and a strong location, but the interior is dated and there may be building reserve costs.
There is just one recorded sale to anchor the valuation; the other three references are current listings. I’m inclined to compare the sale feature by feature rather than apply a blanket percentage. How close would it need to be in micro-location, condition and size to carry real weight? I also need to confirm tenure, reserve liabilities and whether parking is included, as any of those could alter the comparison. I’ll have a local appraisal done before acting on the result.
There is just one recorded sale to anchor the valuation; the other three references are current listings. I’m inclined to compare the sale feature by feature rather than apply a blanket percentage. How close would it need to be in micro-location, condition and size to carry real weight? I also need to confirm tenure, reserve liabilities and whether parking is included, as any of those could alter the comparison. I’ll have a local appraisal done before acting on the result.