My preferred outcome is a defensible offer range, but the evidence is thin. The property is a 3-bed country home in Rio de Janeiro with about 45 m² of internal space, average condition and an asking price of R$924,000. The light and location appeal to me, while the dated finishes and acquisition costs do not.
There are three relevant listings and one recorded transaction. The headline figure is about R$20,500 per m², though that seems unreliable until I know whether the measurements and locations are genuinely comparable. If the completed property is a close match, would you deduct estimated renovation costs? If it is not, would you use a wider condition range instead?
I still need details on the precise location, parking, usable outdoor area, tenure and any service charges. Which of those would you investigate first? I’ll seek a local appraisal before making a decision, but I’m trying to build a sensible first model that also survives management costs and a poor year.
There are three relevant listings and one recorded transaction. The headline figure is about R$20,500 per m², though that seems unreliable until I know whether the measurements and locations are genuinely comparable. If the completed property is a close match, would you deduct estimated renovation costs? If it is not, would you use a wider condition range instead?
I still need details on the precise location, parking, usable outdoor area, tenure and any service charges. Which of those would you investigate first? I’ll seek a local appraisal before making a decision, but I’m trying to build a sensible first model that also survives management costs and a poor year.