Valuation check: 35 m² detached home in Singapore at S$314,900

gate.strong

Real estate agent
Established
The 35 m² figure makes the S$314,900 price difficult to judge, especially for a four-bedroom detached home. My concern is that the measurement may not match the basis used for the completed comparable.

The home is in average condition, with good light, but the finishes look dated and insurance may be costly. I have one completed sale and three current listings; I am inclined to anchor on the sale and treat the listings as evidence of competition rather than value. How would you adjust for floor area and condition here? I also need to confirm the exact micro-location, remaining lease, parking, outdoor space and charges. Which of those could most plausibly outweigh a simple price-per-square-metre comparison?
 
I would anchor the analysis to the completed sale, then use the three listings mainly to understand the seller competition. I wouldn’t apply a standard condition percentage: estimate the work needed and compare that with any visible condition difference in the sold property. Lease length could change the conclusion most, but first confirm that 35 m² is measured on the same basis as the comparable.
 
Is 35 m² definitely the internal floor area rather than land area or a listing error? Four bedrooms within that area would make layout efficiency and room usability unusually important. I’d also want to know what “detached” includes here: private outdoor space and parking could account for value that a simple price-per-square-metre calculation misses.
 
I’d be cautious with Carlos’s suggestion of normalising everything by floor area. For a very small detached property, micro-location, land or outdoor space may matter more than the building area. The completed sale is useful only if those features and the lease position are genuinely comparable. Insurance cost affects the buyer’s total budget, but it should not automatically be deducted from value unless it points to a property-specific issue.
 
The practical next step is a one-page comparison table: confirmed area basis, lease length, exact micro-location, condition, parking, outdoor space and any service charges for all five properties. Keep the completed sale as the main evidence, mark asking prices clearly as unsold, and run separate scenarios rather than forcing one adjustment range. I would not settle on a figure until the 35 m² description and lease details are verified.
 
Back
Top